Friday, December 17, 2004

Tilt Factor

I rarely tilt. I like to think I have a fair bit of self control while playing poker and bad beats rarely get to me. Yesterday was the exception!

I was playing a 12$ and 50$ FO at VC. I played pretty well to make the final table on both but lost a couple of coin tosses in both to finish 5th and 9th. In itself this wasn't so bad, but I had had a few drinks and have also had a couple of things happen in my personal life recently( damn girls) which have messed up my judgement a little.

Anyway, I went and sat down at a PL hi lo omaha table(just 0.5$/1$). Now this isn't really my game, i am more used to limit omaha hi lo but i can still play the game. I was going ok for a while while the table was four handed and built up to about 170 or so from my initial 100 but then i got a bit of an outdraw where i held the nut low, str8 and nut flush draw with

As 2s 5 x on a 3 4s 9s board

- really a monster hand. Some1 bet i reraised and they went allin for their last 40. they had something in the order of A3 78 and hit a T and a J on the river with no spades to scoop the pot. I was a little annoyed at this to see my profit disappear in this hand and was even more annoyed when they upped sticks and left the table!!!!!! HOW DARE THEY!!!!

ANyway the play soon reverted to heads up and I was left with one of the better players at the table. He was quite aggressive so we got into a bit of a raising war. Eventually we went to war on this hand. he riases i reraise with A 5 5 2. Flop comes 5 6 T. I bet pot, he reraised me and i went allin making it 100 he calles with A 79 J. He is drawing very thin here. He can hit an 8 to fill his str8 draw, but this gives me the nut low to halve, with redraws to a full house for hi to scoop. His lows involve him counterfeiting my 2 but he still will only halve to my high. Sadly the poker gods were not with me and he hit a runner runner Q K to take down the pot with a str8.

I must admit i lost it a bit here, started playign angry and proceeded to blow another 200 to him in a short space of time. He must've been loving it. Eventually i clawed a little back and left the table around 230 or so down. Hardly the biggest hit, but i was still very annoyed at myself for losing self control.

SO just to reiterate some words of wisdom(for my own benefit as much as anything else!)

1) Dont play drunk.
2) Dont play games you aren't familiar with if you can avoid it(except when you are intentionally learning the game)
3) Women troubles and poker don't mix!
4) When you start getting angry, stop playing and go kill some cops in GTA San Andreas.
5) Never EVER eat the reduced price cheese sandwiches from corner shops(not strictly relevant but true nonetheless......)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home