Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Pot Limit Omaha - CRAZZY

It's funny, i have had some of my msot profitable cash sessions from PLO and register a good hourly rate of 35$ from primarily 0.5/1 and 1/2 PLO. However I can't play it for too long as it drives me insane!!!!!!!

The best games are the loosest ones - i see approx 60% of flops in these games and feel my post flop play is pretty good and enables me to win some big pots when im in gear. However with multiple people seeing flops it tends to result in some extreme variance. I guess if I was a more seasoned player I could take these swings more easily but it just drives me mad sometimes! I am aware I should put a shackle on these feelings and lock them away in some untouched dusty corner of my brain (Jesus there's enough space!) but it is the one game where I can't seem to suffer bad beats as easily.

Most recently i took a beat off a player when i flopped the top set and nut fl draw with

KKAJs

off a

K 7s8s flop

and the pot swelled into a bigun as the other player drew to their gutshot

(they had called my preflop raise with 22 9J)

and had the gall to hit it! The logical part of my brain is cheering as I applaud these fish chasing their -EV longshots but the emotional side of my brain was just crying and i got so emotionally involved with this one particular hand that i forced myslef to take a small break from poker jsut to clear my brain.

I have tho, had some goood sessions recently, registering about a 1.3K profit from the games in the last 5 days so I will return, maybe having had a few more weetabix.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home