Saturday, November 05, 2005

RIP my Epiphone

Due to my extensive travelling round the locales of brighton in recent months, I haven't put much practise into my guitar playing. This is a slight problem as

a) I enjoy it and
b) I fucking need the practice.

I haven't fancied draggin a guitar strapped to my back as well as my laptop so I have basically degenerated from being a rather poor player who can play a few oasis songs badly(at my peak) to a piss poor player who can barely manage a few chords.

The problems originated when Cat PLC made the executive decision, based on brighton relocation considerations, to perform some asset stripping manoeuvres. Many and various transactions were completed in this period. These included Oxfam being the beneficiaries of various items of clothing, which were un likely to be of use to me again.

The disappearance of my guitar was a complicated issue. My brother had had his invidious little peepers on my epiphone for some time and in a moment of madness, and in keeping with the cat's policy on property resale, I agreed that he could have it for 50 pounds, his old hohner guitar and a large bag of weed. Since I had originally purchased it for £120, I felt this deal wasn't too bad, especially given that i often come out on the wrong side of deals struck with my rapscallion brother.

However I feel now as though this might have been a mistake, as i miss my old epiphone and its dulcid tones. Wild Thing will never be the same.........

1 Comments:

At November 14, 2005 at 2:26 AM, Blogger Panther said...

WTF Texas turkey hunting? Any more fowl spams and im going to lose my rag with you kippers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home