Thursday, April 19, 2007

Kippers and PLOM/8 STTs

I've never really played plom8 stts much before the transition from tribeca to playtech. No one wanted to play them see...

I've played plenty of mtts and cash though and have a good understnading (in my humble opinion of course!) of how they work.

STTS though were a new beast to me though so when i got stuck into them I knew I had some learning to do.

I started off well, primarily playing 6 handed 20$ stts, and soon realised there's plenty of dead money in these games. However I went through a little downswing and was beginning to doubt my ability but then started crushing them recently so my former assurance was recovered. HAHAHAA does that sound like the most results-orientated kippery bollocks you ever did hear!

Anyhoo, having played in excess of 100 of these now, I feel like several things have become apparent.

1) I needed to loosen up my starting hand requirements. Having played a lot of cash where I tend to have very strict hand requirements, 6 handed stts are a different animal and hands like 34KQ which are pretty fishy in cash games can be played profitably in stts given the right situations (often on the button)

2) There's a nucleus of decent players on playtech. I won't boost their already swollen egos by mentioning them but there is a clear number of players who are head and shoulders above the average kipper. Game selection considerations suggest i should avoid these players but the shortage of the player base playing these stts means i can't really. Importantly though I do feel i have an edge on these players (No problem boosting my own swollen ego clearly!)

3) There are some players ranging from bad to absolutely horrendous. These are the absolute dead money. They occasionally fluke a result but basically they are there to sit there lining the pockets of the other players. Generally they are very scared around the bubble as they dont get many results so you can limp their blind and min bet and usually pick it up.

Just for fun, I'd like to run through the thought processes of different types of PL omaha players.

Here are our heroes and villains.

Weak tight kipper

Good player.

Aggressive Kipper

OOoops registered by mistake kipper.



Weak tight kipper.
Thoughts on strategy: Ok, I'm here to come second. I know A2 is a good hand so ill play this most of the time unless someone raises a lot of chips. Then I'd better fold because you know it's better safe than sorry. If someone raises my blind, I wee a little bit in my trousers. Then I fold. I wish they'd stop raising. I heard you're not sposed to raise in omaha hi lo. They're breaking the rules arent they? Please let me come 2nd. Oh no it's the bubble :( ok Im gonna just fold till theres 2 left then i can quit. Why has junglecat raised again? :( he's ruining my trousers. He sure gets a lot of good hands. I wish I was as lucky as him :(


Good Player.
Thoughts on strategy. Ok I'm here to win you mofos. Looking round all i see is fodder for me to fire bets at. All these kippers are privileged to be on my table. I'm going to try and build a stack up by seeing some flops and using my naturally superior post-flop skill to shake and break the kippers. Aggro bad players I'll see lots of flops with as their stack is constantly up for grabs. Weak tight players are gonna give me their blinds. Come bubble time Ill be stealing a lot, playing lots of pots in position so I can pick up valuable chips. Let's get it on morons. You're here to pay homage to your lord and master! On your knees kippers, I SAID ON YOUR KNEES!

Aggressive Kipper
Thoughts on strategy. Raise every pot. Pot every flop. Then check cards. Might fold on turn if I still don't have a pair otherwise i'm going all the way baby. I love action and i bring action. Do I win? Well probably. I don't keep track of the money like you nerds. It's hard to fill in a spreadsheet when you're pressing raise BITCH! It's all luck anyway. Fuck you. No seriously you pussy. You want to play you gotta pay. What, I'm out? Oh well probably a bad beat. I'll fire up another and get raisin'. And you can kiss my hairy butt!

Ooops registered by mistake kipper
Thoughts on strategy: Er, I dunno, seems like there's more cards. Bit like that game, what's it called ....homo-hah? Except this is homo-hah hello. Sounds a bit gay but I'll give it a go. Ok so what do I do? Dunno ill just wait till i get a good hand. Hey cool! Monster!!! Someone's raised. IM ALLLLIN. Yeh baby! This pot is mine. All the chips in the middle and they're all mine. Tooo GOOD TOO GOOD. SHIP THAT POT TO DA KIPPER SHIP THAT PO......what? I lost??
But I had quads and it's saying he won with a straight. What is this bullshit :( Stupid rules. I dont get them. Ah well fire up another Ill get the hang of this soon. I hope........

1 Comments:

At February 20, 2010 at 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home