Monday, June 11, 2007

Well blow me down

Hi there feline followers.

My blog is not quite dead but i admit it is lying in the ambulance with paramedics crowded round desperately giving it CPR whilst others rub that jelly shit on the de-fibrilator and are moments away from shouting "CLEAR"

Poker has to be frank been shit for me this year. I wish I could attribute it all to bad luck and whilst that has been a factor i simply have not been playing well enough and my bankroll has been severely depleted.

I've managed to pick up a few small results recently and feel like I am playing pretty well at the moment but I need a good few months to get back on track or I may be forced into gainful employment like everyone else in the rat race. Please poker gods, u owe me, don't feck with me now!

Had a good run in the mansion comp recently. First time I've played it in a while but managed a creditable 12th for $1k and was in contention at the end, though the sick blind structure meant I was having to push in whenever i played a hand....

3rd in the 5k on boss for $444 was ok, although i ruled that tournament and managed to lose 4 70 30s or better for massive pots otherwise the cat was gonna take that shit down (bad beat stories over folks you can remove your hands from your eyes!)

I almost won a seat to the bolton poker 6 but in the end came 2nd for another 1k which was quite enjoyable. Zzzzzzzrope, a fellow blondite (blonde poker being a forum I often post on) won so good luck to him in Bolton.

I put the fact that I'm playing better down to exposure to stts. Going back to basics has helped my game a lot and I'm now finding spots to attack and places to fold even good hands much more easily. The kippers are lining up for the cat to gun down so I've got myself an arsenal of moves and ammo aplenty to aim, take fire and shoot....bring it on you slimy gilled creatures!

Sidenote on 24/Lost/ Heroes

24 has been the worst series in my recollection. The writers have run out of steam a bit and despite there being a few classic episodes, overall the series has lost momentum and creativity. There have always been holes in 24s plot but mostly these were enjoyable. Just recently though the cliched situations that happen just havent been as much fun!

Maybe it's time to kill Jack off. How about a sub series with Kim Bauer working at a strip joint....what's the plot i hear you ask....WHO NEEDS A DAMN PLOT WITH NAKED KIM!!

Lost has been quite enjoyable even though it has meandered at times and they killed off Mr Eko and Ana lucia, two of my favourite characters. Overall though it gets 7.5/10 for a good worthwhile series and at least they ended it well....

Heroes was perhaps the best of the lot, although similarly to 24 the ending was awful. I hope series 2 is as good...let's hope so. The villain sylar is one of the best characters in all 3 of these shows...he's awesomely menacing and powerful but he seems to have been killed. Will he reappear next series...?

Anyway enough for now, take it easy kippers and I'll try and keep you abreast of developments in the cat world more effectively.

BYEEEEEEEEEE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home