Friday, November 25, 2005

The VC Challenge

I drew the bulk of my funds out of VC a while ago, continuing my tribeca pursuits on my blue square account. Sadly this meant virtually killing off panther2003. Of course this pleased the newly spawned Junglecat03 immensely as he immediately sought to bring carnage and destruction to the doors of the kippers' bankrolls.

Recently though i realised i had some action points lying dormant in the former King of the Cats' account, so i decided to see if i could boost my current bankroll of 1$ to a decent level via the route of the freeroll whore.

So, with a lusty bellow of "FRREEEEROLLLL" I aroused the erstwhile hibernating Panther and began to ply my trade in some of VC's freerolls, starting wiht the 500$ PLom/8 game.

As i've recounted in past blogs i have been playing a lot of this recently, and i consider myself "in form" at this brand of poker. (Unlike my NLHE which is not so hot at the moment) So I began the tournament in confident form and soon amassed a decent stack, although partly this was die to getting AAKQ allin preflop 3 ways and managing to scoop. After this i maintained the pressure and soon moved to near the top of the leaderboard where i remained till the final table. At the final table i played tightly and aggressively, slowly building my stack before i got to 4 handed with about 1/2 the chips in play. Here i just moved in pretty much every hand, as my FE was large due to the other 3 stacks wanting to move up the ladder. Eventually one guy called me when i had a reasonable hand A556 ss. He had AJQK or some such and my 5s scooped the hi as i made the lo too. He had a go at me as he departed saying i "was just a card catcher!" Seeing as I hadnt shown down any of my last 8 or so steals i thought that was a particularly kippery comment to make but could not think of a pithy response at the time, so i merely suggested he go read a book on catching cards so he could get as good as me and wished him good day.

eventually i got HU with a 3-1 advantage but the other guy kept getting lucky! I had him allin 3 or 4 times with both the slight worst of it and on 2 occasions where i was utterly killing him, but he hit every time and eventually he outdrew me one final time and i expired, vanquished in 2nd.

So, 1st freeroll - 85$.

I then plonked this down on the omaha/8 cash tables and buyilt it up to 220. Out of this I played the 36$ FO and the 25$ FO but sadly bad cards and such meant i couldnt make any impact on these so i took 100 back onto the cash tables where i converted it into 250.

SO my Balance currently stands at 303$, not bad for nothing. I aim to try and hit 1k so ill keep you up to speed as to how it is going. The best thing, though, is having Panther back on the tables causing trouble. He's been missed.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home