Saturday, December 03, 2005

The VC challenge continues....

Well, I've not been putting much time into the VC challenge recently, however I have built my balance there up to 750$ now. Part of this was a cheat as i entered one of the VC bonus promotional codes in (vcradio1 i think) which gave me 50$ once i had earned 2500 action points.
This was easily done in an hour at the PLomaha tables, in which time i made about 100$ too so all good news!

Clearly the 1k is in sight now and this gave me the idea to scour round some of my other accounts where i have a residual small balance. Paradise immediately sprung to mind. I haven't played there for a while. It was profitable for me, but for some reason i grew not to like the site; whether it's the fireworks as you win a pot, the way players vanish in a magic cloud when they are knocked out of tournaments, the tiresome choice of whether to have donuts or champagne next to your virtual table, I DONT KNOW! I simply got bored of the site, although it has a lot going for it in some ways.

Plenty of kippers, the only site i believe to be on a par with party for poor quality players. Good range of freezeouts and some omaha tourneys which i like.

Anyway to cut to the chase i opened up my account and discovered 33$ just lying there untouched. Ok , let's get grinding. I thought PLom/8 was probably the safest route so i chucked my money down on a 50$ max buy in table and began grinding.

The players here seemed abysmal as expected. An orderly queue of kippers formed to be scooped, drawn out on and quartered by the cat. As the awe-struck and dumb-struck fish set fire to their $s in sacrifice at the sacred altar of the high priest of all things feline, i pondered on why some people don't get better at poker.

I mean I used to be a fish. But losing some money taught me a lesson and i strived to get better. So I did. Why can't they? Sometimes I want to reach out and stick my hands into cyberspace and strangle some sense into these people, even if it cuts into my profit margins.

Anyway, needless to say i destroyed kippers left right and centre, cleaning 6 of them out and running my table balance up to 220$ in less than an hour. Easy!!!!

So next step is to get this up to 1k at which point I can truly say I own all the small stakes fish and start making some real money at the bigger tables.

In other news, I've recently been playing omaha/8 limit rather a lot at party. I used to play these tables before but left due to a falling out with corals, my party skin of choice at the time. Now I'm back and already the ripples caused by a large feline launching himself into the waters of the 3/6 and 5-10 tables are being felt.

One fish started quoting my poker tracker stats at me the other day! He passed his blind to one of my riases, saying," according to PTO, you only ever raise AA or A2 so i'll give you respect and pass." I then proceeded to raise his blind every round, until in fury he reraised me and i capped.

Flop came 224.

I bet out he called.

Turn came K.

I bet out he check riased me i reraised he capped.
river came J.

He bet, i riased and he called.

He showed A245 for 2s full of fours.

I showed AKK3 for Kings full of 2s.

I scooped.

"Lucky ****."

Never claim you know the cat's game or he will punish you mercilessly.

4 Comments:

At December 9, 2005 at 5:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a truly hilarious blog keep up the good work.

A. Kipper .....

 
At December 11, 2005 at 6:13 AM, Blogger Royal Flush said...

I remember that kipper! He said i raised too much.

 
At December 16, 2005 at 11:34 PM, Blogger Panther said...

You raise exactly the right amount for your skill level.

 
At December 16, 2005 at 11:35 PM, Blogger Panther said...

And thank you Kipper. May you lose your $s to me in an honourable fashion. Good luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home