Friday, December 16, 2005

Cat storms to victory

Well, ive alluded to the fact that my NL HE play has been quite shabby recently. THis is funny because its the game ive had the most success in overall and i rarely lose confidence in my game.
However recently i ahve been a kipper and have taken down very few results.

So, amazingly, today i managed to get a couple of results.

Firstly, i played a 40 handed 24 fo this morning. I got to the final table after some good cards. Eventually i get heads up with the same amount of chips as the kipper. Unfortunately i put in a very good impression of a herring in the heads up and managed to lose.

I used to regard heads up at the end of mtts as one of my strengths. I had roughly 3 times as many 1sts as 2nds to testify to this. In this game though, although i was a little card cold and the blinds were a bit big to allow too much play, i still played poorly and deservedly crashed out 2nd. Still a nice 220$ result to further boost my VC balance and restore a little confidence.

Later on i played the 36 FO, 4k grtd, but was out when i moved in on a J92 board with 88 and someone foudn the courage to call with 9T off the &*&*&*^*^ KIPPER. SO out in about 50th there.

After this weak effort, i deigned to play the 24 FO. 146 runners, i saw little early on and managed to reduce my stack to 1400 through some continatuion bets that went wrong.

I slowly rebuilt though and on the bubble refused to be dominated by the larger stacks and called and mvoed allin several times in +EV situations, winning enough of them to keep me afloat. There was one kipper who was stalling on hand for ahnd for ages. I went to his table and explained how hand for hand operated and why his fishy attempts to squeeze into the money were futile. His response to my generous and lucid(if self serving) explanation.... "SetofKIngs has 10 seconds to respond.." dont these fish know they are killing my hourly rate!

ANyway i managed to get a decent stack together, and reached the final table with about 30k or so. I doubled up eventually QQ v A9 , and one by one the other kippers fell till it was me on 70k or so, another guy on 160k and one more on 30k. I thought the CL was a bit of a kipper, as he had made several questionable calls which were lucky to be coinflips and he ahd won them.

We played a few hands then this hand happened.

The table bully raised to 16k on 2 4k, and i reraised from the BB with KK to 40k. I felt like he would call this. flop came K4d 5. I checked, he moved in for my last 40k and i called to find him with 3 3. He failed to hit his runner runner and now i was a commanding leader. I managed to double up the ss and the former chipleader doubled him through again, leaving himself with 28k. I find QTs in the sb now at 3k6k and i move in on him and he calls A7h. I hit 2 pair and now we were heads up.

I was determined to make this count after my earlier capitulation. We were roughly even in chips and we swapped a few pots so i ahd a small lead. Then this hand.

I have KK in the BB, he limps in , i make it 16k, he CR allin. I call in a shot to find him with J4 flop comes AAx leaving him very few outs and i go on to win. HOORAY.


Congratulations to 'Panther2003', who won $1,095 in '$2500 Guar't'd - 12 min rounds' tournament.

The cat is back in business, and the VC bankroll now stands at 2.4k$ so im pretty pleased with how that's gone. Thanks to anyone who supported me and I'll speak to you soon.

2 Comments:

At December 19, 2005 at 8:03 PM, Blogger d said...

Nice one ;-)

 
At December 27, 2005 at 1:10 AM, Blogger Panther said...

thanks, was overdue one, Started thinking i couldnt play NL tourney poker anymore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home