Monday, May 08, 2006

Cat back to winning ways

For a bit of variety, I've recently been back playing some 7 card stud.

I used to play this a lot at party (mainly hi lo) about 2 years ago and they've just introduced it to tribeca. The standard of play at new games to the site is always shocking and so I've refamiliarised myself with the game profitably and have been logging a 35$/ hr win rate at 1$ 2$ level. I forgot how much i enjoy playing this game. It really taxes you and although sessions can be long and frustrating, so far I'm lovin' being back on the 7 card stud path!

I also dipped my toes back in the omaha waters today. I play a lot of omaha hi lo but havent played omaha for a while. I always did ok at it but the variance can be heartbreaking at times and more than once the cat could be found hissing and spitting at the screen as a 400$ pot went down the tubes as some kipper hit his gutshot on the river....

Nevertheless at the suggestion of royal flush, i sat down and played a few sessions and managed to win and avoid any frothy rages at the couple of outdraws.

I forgot how bad the players are! I played two two hours at 1/2 level and built my stack from 200 to 500 both times for a ncie profit. One of the key hands was this one. I limp A966 with A6c in late position. A short stack in the BB made it 8$ to go. Three people called and i called the 6$ raise. The flop came K T 5 with 2 clubs. The short stack bet the pot for 33$, leaving himself 3$ back. A big stack called behind him and i also called.

The turn was a 6 to give me a set. The short stack bet 3$ and the big stack just called this. I immediately knew my set was good and i reraised pot to fold out straight draws as the pot was big enough now. The big stack called! The river was a sweet 7c to give me the nuts. BIg stack checks and i bet 50$ but he folded. I guess he had some sort of wrap draw which was a very poor call on the turn as i didnt have enough back for implied odds.

Anyway i took the pot down. (short stack just had top pair) Some other good hands and the odd bluff won me some more and I left a happy cat.

Later on in the day i played a 20$ freezeout. Had a bit of luck as you must do when the blinds are 8 mins, but was allin only 4 times in the comp. Once I had KK on a J hi board v JT which held, one time i was getting short on the final table and moved with A7, running into cobster( a fellow overthegunner)'s AK. I hit a 7. This was actually a pretty key hand i felt as he was the only player on the table who i knew to be a good player. Winning this key pot was the most important hand in winning the tourney. The other allin came earlier on in the comp when i had 7k on 300 600. This sounds like a short stack but in fact i was 4th at the time! ( fast blidns suck) I had AK and one player limped. I was happy to consolidate my position by picking up the pot preflop so i pushed. He called quickly so i expected a coin flip but instead he showed A9s lol. Anyway i won this coup and this propelled me up the leaderboard.

The final table i had the luck when i needed it, got a stack together, made a couple of good passes and a couple of good steals and one resteal agaisnt the 2nd chip leader when i had 66. Finally I got to heads up. We were roughly even when I get AQc on 4k 8k blinds. I make it 18k to go and he pushed for 40k more. I called and he showed 7s. Flop came 5 A A (YES) 7 (FOR FUCKS SAKE) 5 (MIAOOOOWWWWWWW) Most of the chips in play were in this pot so this bit of luck won the tourney finally for me and a nice 541$ went into the cats account.

Can't complain, hitting some form at the moment for win no 5 this month. Let's hope i can keep it up.....

No kipper mocking recently. I cam conscious i have deprived you of this but never fear, the latest unbridled mocking of a kipper is not far away. Brace yourself is all i can say!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home