Monday, January 02, 2006

Paradise bankroll up and running

Those of you who read my blog regularly, god rest your merry kippery souls, may recall how i got my paradise bankroll up to 220$ about a month ago. Well since then i ahve played very little but lost about 40$ playing a 10$ rebuy the other day in which my KK got done by 74 for giant pot. Fair play. Anyway it had gone doen to 160 when Flush Royal suggested i play the 50$ freezeout on there.

With good bankroll management at the foremost of my thoughts, I duly registered 1/3 of my existing balance into this long shot adventure, cutting a 80 20 deal with the NORSE HORSE (flush) to mitigate the variance slightly.

The tournament started ok, i got up to 2700 early on when i raised AA to about 240 after some limpers - one caller. Flop came A9c 3. guy bet 20 on the flop. I decide this is not acceptable and raise him. He calls. Turn is a 6 non club. He bets 20 again and i again raise, this time heftily. He called. RIver was 7 non club. Again he bet 20, i stick in my last 400 as i feel he is either flush draw or pot committed with a good pair, but he folded.

After this i went a bit quiet in the middle stages and was blinded down to 2200 or so. A small accident somewhere along the line, left me with 1600 chips. Dealt T7 off in the sb at 100 200, i am thinking of folding until the whole table limps so i think feck it y not and complete.

Flop is rather juicy TT7. I check UTG bets 600 into the 1.2k pot and another player moves allin -happy days for the cat. I pause to make it look like i have a tough decision and maybe get UTG in there wiht his 89 or something, and eventually scooch my chips into the middle, but he wisely passes. IM up against TJ and he misses his J out and i am up to 5k or so in chips.

A few ups and downs before i get AA and QQ paid off on the last 3 tables and reach the final table as chip leader. Stacks were qutie short here. I had about 60k, blinds were 800 1.6k with antes and average was roughly 22k.

One guy on the table, the 2nd CL, COOLMAN2k was very aggressive and soon swiped my chip lead by raising a ridiculous amount of pots. I was pretty impressed with the effect of his raw aggression. THere were a lot of chips to be swept up and people were playign quite tightly. I think he mesmerised me a bit because i missed a couple of resteal opportunities, although he showed he was not in the mood for laying down to reraises by taking on a few people after raising with T6h and such.

Ultimately i got a couple of big hands, particularly flat calling KK when he raised then letting him push the K hi flop was a good coup, propelling me back to big chippie, although every time i got the lead he would snatch it back before too long. There was clearly only going to be 2 people left once the smoke had cleared and that is how it transpired.

SO headsup with Coolman. he took the first few hands with big raises while i held rags. Then i get K6s in the BB, with a mere 90K left at 4k 8k and running 200( ithink?) ante.

To some, this hand may look weak. Facing once of his raises it was a monster tho so when he make it 25k i pushed. He insta called with Q7 and i dodged the outs and took it down.

Play switched back and forth. if ever i limped he made it 20-30k so i decided to limp QQ when it came my way. He made it 25k, i checkraised allin feeling he would call for pot odds and he did with A5. my QQ held and now i held a decnt 2-1 lead.

After i took a few pots off him with bluffs, and he reraised me once and i laid down, i got JJ. I made it 25k to go, my now standard raise and he pushed allin with A2. My JJ held and i took the mofo down, although i have to say i was very impressed by Coolman's play. Still, 2.5k added to the paradise bankroll so not bad from the mere 30$ that was in there a few months ago.

More importantly tho, i am pleased to have registered a decent holdem win and felt that with the help of some cards i played well in this tourney, and maybe am getting a bit of form back. Earlier i also finished 3rd in another 50$ FO fo 390$ so overall a v good night.


A more informative/ results oriented blog entry here than the entertaining kipper bashing narrative you all yearn for, but do not fear for the tides of the new year will bring plenty of kippers washing up on the cat's shores, do not fear.

To one and all, A HAPPY NEW YEAR.

2 Comments:

At January 4, 2006 at 10:20 PM, Blogger Royal Flush said...

Mock some kippers!!

 
At January 6, 2006 at 4:13 AM, Blogger richard trigg said...

kipper

 

Post a Comment

<< Home